National Environment Agency And Hyflux – Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Consortium Sign Waste-To-Energy Services Agreement [Press Release]

October 28, 2015 by  
Filed under News

Singapore, 26 October 2015 – The National Environment Agency (NEA) today signed a Waste-to-Energy Services Agreement (WESA) with a consortium comprising Hyflux Ltd (Hyflux) and Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, Ltd. (MHI). The consortium, through its project company, TuasOne Pte Ltd, will develop Singapore’s sixth waste-to-energy (WTE) plant and will provide waste-to-energy services to NEA over a 25-year period from 2019 to 2044.

2 The signing ceremony was officiated by Singapore’s Minister for the Environment and Water Resources, Mr Masagos Zulkifli, and comes after NEA’s announcement in September this year where the consortium was named as the preferred bidder for the project. Hyflux owns a 75 per cent stake in TuasOne while MHI owns the remaining 25 per cent. Read more

Hyflux-Mitsubishi consortium to build S$750m waste-to-energy plant in Tuas [News]

September 16, 2015 by  
Filed under News

By Channel NewsAsia, 15 Sep 2015

A consortium comprising Hyflux and Mitsubishi Heavy Industries (MHI) will build Singapore’s sixth waste-to-energy (WTE) plant in Tuas, the National Environment Agency (NEA) announced on Tuesday (Sep 15).

Water management provider Hyflux and MHI were selected among six bids in a tender held in November last year, said NEA.

“At a first-year cost of S$55.19 per tonne, the Hyflux and MHI consortium submitted the most competitive offer for the development of a WTE plant and the provision of waste-to-energy services over a 25-year period,” explained NEA in a news release.

Click here to read the full article

Source: Channel NewsAsia